The First Reformed Church of Waupun is a daughter of the Alto Reformed Church. Many families who lived in the Waupun area felt the distance to Alto was an obstacle. Early in 1887 a request was made for a feasibility study to determine the possibility of beginning a church in Waupun. The first services in Waupun were held in the Disciple Church which then was on the southeast corner of Mill and East Franklin Streets.
On October 24, 1887, First Reformed Church was organized. The meeting was held in the Free Will Baptist Church located on Forest and Main Streets. Forty-four charter members were received; 24 on profession of faith and 20 by letter of transfer from the Alto Reformed Church.
In 1888, a large lot was purchased on South Drummond Street. A house on the lot became the parsonage. This large lot became the site for the first church building and was located across the street from the Waupun Correctional Institution. Later, a new parsonage was built on the site of the original house.
During the course of the years the church building was enlarged. In 1937, it was determined that, because of space problems, a new congregation should be formed. Thirty-three families left to organize the Emmanuel Reformed Church.
By 1955 there were space problems again. Therefore, on February 23, 1955, the Trinity Reformed Church was organized with seventy families.
On March 8, 1956, the present site located at 422 W. Franklin Street was purchased from Miss Anna Skala. On this property was an unused and deteriorated brewery, hence the name “Brewery Hill” for that property. Construction for the present building did not begin until 1961 because of a special arrangement with Miss Skala. On June 16, 1963, the new building was dedicated. In 1966 a new parsonage was built on Taylor Street and in 1973 a second parsonage was built on Beekman Street for an associate pastor. In 1983 the new educational wing was dedicated.